Insure My Equipment is your quick and easy portal to get coverage for production equipment.

While applying for a new policy, you will be prompted to select whether or not you will add coverage for Theft from an Unlocked Vehicle.

Per the terms of this policy, any theft from a vehicle where no signs of forcible entry are present, is considered theft from an unlocked vehicle. 

For example: You have a keyless entry vehicle and a thief uses a signal mirroring device to unlock your vehicle and remove all of its contents but does not leave any broken glass, pulled door panel, or other sign of forced entry. The insurance carrier may deem this as “Theft from an Unlocked Vehicle” and will decline the claim unless you have coverage for theft from an unlocked vehicle.

Many rental houses will not release their equipment without this coverage in place.

We highly recommend adding this coverage to your policy. 

Add ‘Coverage for Theft from an Unlocked Vehicle’

  • Log in at, and go to your Dashboard
  • Click ‘Edit Policy Options or Increase Coverage’ or ‘Modify Coverage Period and Amount’
  • Click ‘Yes’ next to ‘Add coverage for theft from unlocked vehicle’
  • Click Submit and complete payment
  • Your policy will be updated immediately after payment
  • At this time you should create a new certificate of insurance for the rental house or individual requiring you to have this coverage in place.