Certificate of Insurance (COI)
A Certificate of Insurance (or COI) is a statement of coverage issued by your insurance broker. Usually 1-3 pages, the COI provides a summary of your insurance coverage to companies or individuals with whom you are doing business.
The COI extends coverage to third parties when they are listed on the COIs as “loss payee” or “additional insured”
Rental houses, studios or individual owners of equipment will often require a COI before they release equipment to you.
You can generate COIs from your dashboard online at InsureMyequipment.com after policy purchase. You can issue as many COIs as you’ll need, free of charge.
Issue a Certificate from your Dashboard
- Log in at InsureMyEquipment.com and click on your Dashboard
- Click the link ‘Create New Certificate’ or ‘Issue a Certificate’
- Either select a company that you have worked with already, or, click ‘Create New Certificate’
- Click the button next to our Rental House Partners. Check the list to see if your rental house is listed there. If so, select and Submit
- If your rental house is not listed in the drop-down menu, click ‘Create New Certificate Holder’
- Enter your Certificate Holders’ details (Name, Address, Email) and click Submit
- They will receive the COI by email, and be listed as a Loss Payee under your policy