‘Short-Term Rented Equipment’ Endorsement
Annual policyholders may need to temporarily increase their Rented Equipment Limit. If you wish to temporarily increase your limit, instead of applying the increase to the remainder of your policy, purchase a ‘Short-Term Rented Equipment’ endorsement.
The ‘Short-Term Rented Equipment Endorsement’ is a rider on your policy that temporarily increases your ‘Rented Equipment Limit’ above the standard annual amount, for any period of time.
Add Short-Term Rented Equipment Coverage to your Policy
- Log in at InsureMyEquipment.com and navigate to your Dashboard
- Click ‘Add Short-Term Rented Production Equipment’
- Add the value of the additional rented equipment
- Select pick-up and drop-off dates
- Submit payment
- Generate a certificate of insurance for the rental house or individual
- When generating the certificate of insurance, be sure to ‘Select Period’ and click on the short-term endorsement period
- Short-Term endorsements cannot be cancelled or refunded
- Be sure to get a quote for the short-term endorsement, and, a quote to increase the limit for the remainder of your policy. Sometimes the latter can be more affordable.
- When issuing a certificate, you must select the period during which the endorsement is active for the new limit to display on the COI.